We’re open and keeping you safe! #socialdistancing
We are closely monitoring Hawaii events regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have taken steps to protect our patients and employees. Rest assured that our team will maintain a hygienic, germ-free office environment by sterilizing and disinfecting patient contact areas throughout the day. As part of our in-take procedures, we will be conducting non-contact digital infrared temperature screening prior to entering the office area and inquiring about recent contact with people who are currently ill as well as recent travel.If you are feeling sick or feeling ill (feeling colder or hotter than others around you, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, etc.), we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment for a later date (at no cost to you) and to go to your nearest urgent care center or emergency room.We appreciate your patience and cooperation in our community effort to contain and control the unnecessary spread of communicable illnesses like the common cold, the FLU and COVID-19. Your health an safety are our highest priority.
The end of the year is quickly approaching!! To ensure everyone has a chance to use vision benefits, Hawaii Vision Associates has new office hours for our Pearl City Sam’s Club, Keeaumoku Sam’s Club, and Kapolei Wal-Mart locations.
?Happy Halloween? from the doctors and staff at Hawaii Vision Associates!
On October 25, 2019, Drs. Wendi Harada Shibayama and Paula Imada and staff provided vision screenings and discussed vision benefit options for the cast members of Aulani Disney Resort and Spa.
Hawaii Vision Associates is a participating provider with the Aulani VSP plan.
Effective November 05, 2018, Hawaii Vision Associates is excited to announce our NEW extended hours for our Keeaumoku Sam’s Club location to meet the growing demands of our patients!
|Monday||10:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||10:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 – 12:30 pm||2:00 – 5:00 pm|
Happy Halloween from the Hawaii Vision Associates family!
Hawaii Vision Associates goes to Vision Expo West 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada!
You will need:
- Tea tree oil (pharmaceutical grade)
- Baby shampoo (hypoallergenic, no tears)
- Travel-size bottle
- Rinse and clean travel-size bottle
- Insert 1 part tea tree oil to 3 parts baby shampoo
- Gently shake the bottle to blend the oil and shampoo
- Scrub affected eyelid margins for 20 seconds
- Rinse eyelids with warm water
- Please ensure the treatment is completely rinsed from lids
- Repeat as recommended by your doctor
You will need:
- 1 New tube sock
- 1-2 cups uncooked rice (preferably white rice)
- 2 Clean hand towels or paper towels
- Fill unused sock with 1-2 cups of uncooked rice.
- Tie a knot at the top of the sock leaving approximately 1 finger width space between the rice and the knot.
- Place the sock filled with rice on one hand towel/paper towel in the microwave
- Microwave for approximately 60 seconds
- The sock filled with rice should be warm but not hot. If it not warm enough microwave for another 30 seconds
- Take the sock with rice out of the microwave and wrap it in the second hand towel/paper towel and place on affected areas.
- If the sock with rice is too warm, remove from affected area and allow the sock with rice to cool for 30 seconds before reapplying to affected areas.
- Keep on affected areas for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 as instructed by your doctor.
- When repeating, please use new hand towel/paper towels.