You will need:
- 1 New tube sock
- 1-2 cups uncooked rice (preferably white rice)
- 2 Clean hand towels or paper towels
- Fill unused sock with 1-2 cups of uncooked rice.
- Tie a knot at the top of the sock leaving approximately 1 finger width space between the rice and the knot.
- Place the sock filled with rice on one hand towel/paper towel in the microwave
- Microwave for approximately 60 seconds
- The sock filled with rice should be warm but not hot. If it not warm enough microwave for another 30 seconds
- Take the sock with rice out of the microwave and wrap it in the second hand towel/paper towel and place on affected areas.
- If the sock with rice is too warm, remove from affected area and allow the sock with rice to cool for 30 seconds before reapplying to affected areas.
- Keep on affected areas for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 as instructed by your doctor.
- When repeating, please use new hand towel/paper towels.